With a new year comes new beginnings and I for one am ready. 2011 was a year of life lessons, changes, transitions, and everything in between. It was one tough cookie for more than a few of our Thursday Girls, but as with most everything time heals (or at least scabs) all wounds. So in order to avoid all of that personal mushy stuff, I am simply declaring that the dog days are over and as my southern Indiana friends say...Thank the maker for that.
2012 is going to be one exciting year for Thursdays. We will be bringing on new guest contributors to the blog and will be breathing some new life into the site. Our genius web designer, Tassos, will be working his magic away over the next month to bring you all a brand new section, better search options, and updated content. In the meantime, make sure to check out our updated local Workshops and Submission pages!
Over the next few weeks we will be sharing our New Years Resolution recipes, crafts, and how-to's with you to help you kick off 2012 with style and happy tummies.
Here are my 2012 goals:
1. Learn how to sew (my mom surprised me with a sewing machine for Christmas!)
2. Update and make time for my photo website (desperately needed)
3. Take a class (Shoko and I have decided to take a fun class in the NYC area! Leave a comment and let us know if you have any suggestions!)
4. Join a running group (I think that I could actually run the Ft. Greene loop with my eyes closed at this point)
5. Go to yoga once per week (I haven't been in about six months and I'm pretty sure that lifting a Kitchen Aid mixer shouldn't feel that difficult)
I am happy to say that I have begun my first 2012 goal already, which is also today's craft, Zippered Dip Dye Throw Pillow Cases.
This is my first real sewing project, so please forgive the slight imperfections. I found the sewing tutorial over at Design Sponge here. It was really quite simple. The dip dye instructions can be followed from our Dip 'n Dye tote bag here.