Girls' Night-Chicken & Artichoke Pasta
By Megan Kramer
I have to admit that there is one up side to breaking my arm. My visit home wound up being a couple weeks longer than planned! I had such a great time and was so lucky to get in a few extra girls' nights! Last week a few of my besties and I got together and made dinner, shared a little wine and a lot of gossip. I love these girls, and they are always the perfect medicine- they can make anything better (ok, so the Vicodin was a close second)! Now, when I say that we made dinner, I really mean they made dinner. Turns out when you break your arm, people think that you lose use of all of your limbs. I was delegated to turning the chicken as it cooked, that's all. So I really have to give all of the credit to the girls. Two of our girls are those cooks that can just throw things together. They don't follow recipes and somehow everything is always amazing! We decided on a spinach pasta tossed with chicken and artichokes. Great food, great laughs, and the greatest friends- perfect night!
What you need:
For the Marinade:
- 3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1-2 crushed garlic cloves
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- salt and pepper to taste
For the Rest:
- chicken, cut into strips- about 1 lb
- 3 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- a shallot, diced
- a jar of artichokes
- juice from half a lemon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- pasta (we used spinach pasta)
What you do:
- Marinade the chicken for about an hour.
- In a large skillet cook chicken in olive oil until no longer pink.
- Cook pasta according to package.
- In the same skillet as the chicken, add shallot, artichokes, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Heat through.
- Add pasta and Parmesan cheese, and toss.
Jeanette's Healthy Living: Chinese Braised Chicken With Chestnuts
The Cultural Dish: Chicken Marsala
Thursday Night Dinner: Girls' Night Chicken and Artichoke Pasta
Feed Me Phoebe: Honey Mustard Chicken Wings
Devour: Fried Chicken, 5 Ways
Made By Michelle: Chicken and Kale Casserole
Virtually Homemade: Tortilla Chip Chicken Tenders With Creamy BBQ Sauce
Cooking With Elise: Chicken Pastry
FN Dish: The New Face of Comforting Chicken Dishes